Friday, November 30, 2012

What if all the streets were rivers? What would be different?

Homework for November 30, 2012

            If all the streets were rivers there would be no way to ride bicycles or drive cars. Instead the whole world would have to get around by boat. You would have to go to the market on a boat and go to school on a boat. No one would be able to take their dog for a walk on the sidewalk or go for a jog and get exercise. If everyone drove boats how would you park them, you may have to use buoys or anchors to keep them still. The whole world would be different except for the fact that you still have to buy gas to fill your transportation. It would be different because there wouldn't be car washes or tire stores. There would be boat washes and motor stores instead. What happens in the winter when the water freezes everyone would be trapped at home. Some people may have to buy ice skates to get around and go to the market.It may be hard for people to get to work if the streets were rivers. The world would be a completely different place if all the streets were rivers.

8 comments:

  1. I like your ideas Skyler. I agree with you, the world would be a completely different place. I think it would be fun to ice skate to get around in the winter. Do you think people have to buy boats all across the world? What if they can make boats fast enough? Will people have to swim? That's crazy to think about. Good job on this Sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would have to buy boats all around the world if all the streets were rivers everywhere. I agree it would be fun to skate around all winter to help us get where we need to go. Yes, people may have to swim to get around also, good point. See you on Monday, have a good weekend and thanks for all your pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. There are just a couple of things that I would change. Your first sentence is a little dry, but that is an easy fix. Just remember what we talked about in class when we were doing those paragraphs for the Amazon and Ferret things. Also your third to last sentence was a little confusing, because you ask a question and don't transition into the answer. Lastly, your last two sentences are a little repetitive because they say the same things at the end of both of them. Other than that I loved it, it is crazy to think that we would have to swim and ride boats. I would feel bad for all of those people that can't swim or are so scared of boats they can't go on them. Wow, I had never thought of that before. It is totally crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the pointers. I'll keep them in mind for next time. The world would be a completely different place. It would not be a good thing for the people who cannot swim, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with Kyle, sorry the comment is a little late, but I guess that's what happens when you wait until the last minute, anyway, I do feel like you could really jazz up that that first sentence a lot because I feel it really has the potential to be a killer opening sentence and your details are really good because I agree that it would be rather hectic if all the streets were rivers and I know that computers are hard to catch yourself on sometimes but the grammar could use a little work. Hope my comment was helpful in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! Personally, I like to make mine free writes into stories and I think that this story would be fun to tell, but if that's not what you want to do that's ok. And yes, I agree that everything would be different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skyler, AWESOME effort. I have to say, I also love the comments you guys have going on right now! What a GREAT discussion!!!!! This is just an example of one of the many reasons I love teaching you guys! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you put in how we would get around in the winter some could get snow mobiles

    ReplyDelete